- What is the opposite meaning of gently?
- What is the opposite of rude?
- What is opposite of honest?
- How do you spell gentle?
- What is the meaning of gentle in one word?
- Is gentlest a real word?
- What is the definition of gently?
- What is the opposite of quietly?
- What is the antonyms of gentle?
- What is the noun form of gently?
- What kind of adverb is the word gently?
- What is another word for gently?
What is the opposite meaning of gently?
Opposite of gently, delicately or softly.
What is the opposite of rude?
Antonyms: polite, processed, late, later(a), refined. Synonyms: uncivil, yokelish, unmannered, unmannerly, lowbred, natural, underbred, raw(a), ill-mannered, primitive, ill-bred, rude(a), crude, bad-mannered, bounderish.
What is opposite of honest?
Opposite Word of honest: “deceptive, devious, dishonest, false, fraudulent, lying, misleading, treacherous, untrustworthy, untruthful”
How do you spell gentle?
Correct spelling for the English word “gentle” is [d͡ʒˈɛntə͡l], [dʒˈɛntəl], [dʒ_ˈɛ_n_t_əl] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
What is the meaning of gentle in one word?
1a : free from harshness, sternness, or violence used gentle persuasion. b : tractable, docile a gentle horse. 2 : soft, delicate the gentle touch of her hand. 3 : moderate His doctor recommended gentle exercise.
Is gentlest a real word?
Gentlest definitions Superlative form of gentle: most gentle.
What is the definition of gently?
1. Considerate or kindly in disposition; amiable and tender. 2. Not harsh or severe; mild and soft: a gentle scolding; a gentle tapping at the window.
What is the opposite of quietly?
unquietly, loud, aloud.
What is the antonyms of gentle?
Antonyms: unkind, intense, lowborn, loud, heavy, wild, steep, untamed. Synonyms: lenify, appease, mollify, pacify, gruntle, title, dignify, placate, ennoble, assuage, entitle, conciliate. gentle(verb)
What is the noun form of gently?
The adjective ‘gentle’ has come to mean soft and kind. E.g. Despite being big, my dog is really gentle when he plays with the children. The noun form that conveys this idea is ‘gentleness’.
What kind of adverb is the word gently?
In our example GENTLY and ADORINGLY are adverbs that relate to Manner.
What is another word for gently?
In this page you can discover 21 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for gently, like: tenderly, lightly, softly, kindly, mildly, smoothly, benevolently, considerately, hushedly, peaceably and tamely.